What We Do..
In our community, there is a need to enhance supports for children and their families in the early years. United Way is currently investing in a comprehensive range of early childhood services, but there is a gap between the needs that exists and the resources available to meet those needs. Together, we can reduce this gap, serve more young children and start to move the needle on addressing the difficulties experienced when children enter school.
United Way strives to improve the development of young children prior to school entry by:
- Increasing access to language-rich environments;
- Increasing family supports to improve parent and caregiver capacity to promote healthy child development;
- Increasing access to interactive parent-child programs;
- Increasing supports for developing early literacy skills; and
- Increasing access to enhanced parenting resources.