What We Do..
In our community, there is a need to enhance supports for children and their families in the early years. United Way is currently investing in a comprehensive range of early childhood services, but there is a gap between the needs that exists and the resources available to meet those needs. Together, we can reduce this gap, serve more young children and start to move the needle on addressing the difficulties experienced when children enter school.
In order to improve development of young children prior to school entry, United Way strives to:
- Increase access to language rich environments;
- Increase family supports to improve parent and caregiver capacity to promote healthy child development;
- Increase access to interactive parent- child programs;
- Increase supports for developing early literacy skills; and
- Increase access to enhanced parenting resources.